Service Plan Terms
Our Service Plans are available only to automatic and call for delivery customers who purchase all of their fuel oil and system services from Personal Energy Co LLC. All systems must be inspected by a company representative before being covered by a Service Plan. All pre-existing problems will not be covered by a Service Plan. Service Plans are for residential units & systems only. Any oil deliveries or service calls made by a company or person other than Personal Energy Co LLC, refered to below as will be considered a breach of this agreement.
- Customer must be on automatic or call for delivery terms to qualify for service contracts. The Plan will automatically terminate if the customer no longer purchases 100% of their heating oil needs from Personal Energy Co LLC. Credit will not be issued if the Plan is cancelled or terminated before the date of expiration. Service Plans are for a one (1) year period and will automatically renew each year unless terminated by either the customer or Personal Energy Co LLC.
- Service Plan does not cover labor or materials to repair any damage to the heating system or residence caused by the customer's neglect such as: blown fuses or other failure of electrical system, failure to maintain a sufficient fuel oil level in the tank, improper setting of the thermostat or a faulty thermostat, having heating and cooling system switches in the "OFF" position, insufficient water in boiler, debris build-up in the intake air, system venting, & chimney or other causes related to the improper operation or maintenance of the heating and cooling system by the customer. Repairs, replacement, or damage of parts or components caused by fire, flood, Acts of God, freezing, power loss or grid surges, storm or weather conditions, water damage, and fuel flow problems due to outside fuel storage are not covered by your service plan. The company shall not be responsible for repair or replacement of obsolete or unavailable parts or equipment no longer manufactured or stocked.
- Service Plan does not cover property damage or environmental clean-up and waste disposal services. As well as any losses or damages due to a tank leak or system failure.The Service Plan only covers parts and components specified in the Plan. Components NOT covered by the Plan include patches or unstable conditions, underground oil storage tanks as well as above ground storage tanks, buried oil lines, steam and hydronic water feeds, power venters, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, heat pumps, heat exchangers, electric air cleaners, tempering valves, media filters, hot water tanks, coils, tigerloops, and any obsolete parts. This agreement does not cover any potable or system plumbing water/steam boiler piping that are inaccessible or buried, system vents, system valves and drains, A/C line set and condensate piping, nor water or consequential damage from water from any system components on any heating and cooling system.
- Customer agrees that Personal Energy Co LLC shall not be held liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages incurred by customer or by third parties. Customer also agrees to release Personal Energy Co LLC and hold harmless from all claims and losses costs, or damage to personal or real property including but not limited to fire, oil leakage, chimney or power venter failure, lack of cumbustion air, any premises left unattended, flood, power loss or surges, and freezing.
- It is the customer's responsibility to monitor unattended or vacant homes or apartments, provide proper ventilation for combustion, replace fuses, reset circuit breakers, replace batteries in system devices, turn on or off the emergency switch, set thermostats, and schedule the annual maintenance. It is also the customers responsibilities to maintain good condition of the chimney, fuel oil tank, oil lines, and piping. Maintain or replace air filters, and maintain adequate water level in the boiler. If a customer does not schedule their annual tune-up, the tune-up will be forfeited for that year and no credit will be returned.
- Personal Energy Co LLC will provide service as soon as practical, on an emergency basis if necessary or during regular business hours (Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM) under normal conditions . Personal Energy Company will not be liable for any delay or failure to provide service due to conditions beyond its control such as severe weather conditions or floods, unavailability of parts, Acts of God, interruption or failure of electricity, storms, inaccessibility of the heating system, or laws and regulations.
- Personal Energy Co LLC shall be the only company allowed to service the heating equipment and will not be held liable should the homeowner or another service company provide services on any heating/cooling sustem equipment not limited to the service plan parts.
- Any additional work need not covered by the Plan will be performed and charged to the customers account at prevailing rates. If a part is not covered under the service plan parts & labor will be charged upon disrcretion of Personal Energy Co LLC and it's employees.
- Emergency service is defined as serious oil leaks, customers with health-related problems, or other dangerous situations, no heat or hot water during the heating season (September 31st to April 1st) in any weather below 50F. All other calls will be handled in the order they are received during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Service calls placed after hours that are not covered by your Service Plan are chargeable at time and a half.